Monday, February 9, 2009

I'm loving Monday because...

I have been following Danielle LaPorte's blog, White Hot Truth- and I just love some of the things she has to say. I feel like I am coming out of the "babies" cloud I have been hiding under for the last 11 or so years and trying to find out what is going to come next. My youngest will go to kindergarten in the fall and then what?!?! Anyway, Danielle's blog speaks to a lot of those issues. She has a loving Monday's list- sounded like a good idea to me. So here goes-

1. skiing with my family on Saturday night was great- and more importantly no one got hurt.
2. yesterday morning was spent relaxing with my husband & his brother and sister in law, just joking around and talking.
3. I spent an hour walking this morning with my friend at the track.
4. I finally figured out the hyperlink thing- thanks to my hubby!
5. it was warm enough to walk this morning & that I can see the grass & flower beds again.

I did not enter the chowder cook off this weekend because we decided at the last minute to go skiing for my husband's birthday. It was great & I'm glad we went. But, now I have stuff in my fridge for two gallons of chowder and my family didn't like it that much! Thanks to Deb for your encouragement, maybe next year.

And I didn't contribute to Tyler Florence Friday's again this week- but I did make another cake! I better get back to the healthy cooking and away from these cakes because today started Shape up RI and the competition of increasing exercise & dropping pounds which is not going to happen cooking like this! We celebrated Friday night, because ice cream cake does not travel well, with a home made ice cream cake, dad's favorite! I used the Better Crocker cake right out of the box and a new Breyer's flavor with peanut butter ice cream, peanut butter cups and ribbons of peanut butter mixed in- can you guess what his flavor is?



I got some help with the best part form my little man.

I used a cake pan my friend had gotten for me years back as a thank you for watching her house. I have only used it a couple times- but I have visions of a nice summer cake filled with whipped cream & berries- yum.....

3 comments:

WhiteHotTruth said...

thanks for the love!
Danielle

NKP said...

I used to sell those cake pans when I worked in housewares - I always regretted not picking one up.
Sounds like you guys had a great weekend. :)

Kristin said...

Thanks Danielle for coming over to check this out- I started posting my list as a comment on your site, but changed my mind thinking it would be something I would like to continue.
Natasha, we did have a great weekend, sometimes the last minute things end up being the best! I have not used the pan much- but when I do, it has been great.